Here are some of the short courses I have attended over the last few years:
- 101 Course – Introduction to Transactional analysis.
- Gestalt – Introductory weekend course
- NLP workshop
- The Supervision of counsellors – 2 day workshop
- Attachment and Loss – (Bowlby) workshop
- Brief therapy – 2 day workshop
- Counselling HIV and Aids – Residential course
- HIV and Aids awareness for counsellors – 4 day course.
- Counselling following rape and serious sexual assault – 30 hours plus and on-going training with West Yorkshire Police
Defusing and Debriefing / PTSD – West Yorkshire Police.
- Update course on Child Protection – Calderdale MBC course.
- Counselling adult survivers of abuse – Calderdale NHS Trust Course
- Depression workshop – Calderdale NHS Trust.
- Clinical presentations on Assisted Conception Treatments.
- Sudden Death – CRITEC
- Children and Bereavement – Child bereavement Trust
My background was in nursing, training first a a staff nurse, then in Health Visiting, various Counselling Courses and an MA from Leeds Univerity.